(Pocket-lint) – Facebook, like many apps these days, offers a Dark Mode.
The social media giant first revealed it was working on a dark mode in 2020, though it took until closer to the end of that year for the feature to appear on its iPhone and Android app, despite being offered on the website and Facebook Lite app.
It is however definitely here now, and this is how you enable or disable it.
How to enable Facebook dark mode
Here is how to enable or disable dark mode on Facebook:
- Open the Facebook app on your iOS or Android device
- Make sure you have the most up to date version of Facebook
- Tap on the three lines in the bottom right corner
- Scroll down to “Settings & Privacy”
- Tap on “Settings”
- Tap on “Dark Mode”
- Choose between “On”, “Off” or System”
If you choose “System”, dark mode will enable when it enables on your device. If you choose “On” then dark mode will always be on when you open the Facebook app unti you change your settings. Likewise, if you select “Off” dark mode won’t enable on your device, even if your phone has dark mode enabled.
Writing by Britta O’Boyle.